From the shores of Setauket in the late 1700s to the auction room at Christie’s, the new podcast “Washington’s Spy Letters” reveals the continuing evolution of the Culper Spy Ring’s historical significance. Part of the podcast series The Long Island History Project, hosts Chris Kretz and Connie Currie interview Kristen Nyitray, Director of Special Collections and University Archives, and Chris Filstrup, former Dean of SBU Libraries, on their pursuit and acquisition of two letters by George Washington to Benjamin Tallmadge about the operations of the spy ring.
- George Washington and the Culper Spy Ring (SBU Libraries research guide)
- Spies in the Archives: Acquiring Revolutionary War Spy Letters Through Community Engagement by Kristen Nyitray and Sally Stieglitz
- Raynham Hall Museum
- Three Village Historical Society
- Washington’s Spies by Alexander Rose (find in a library)
- TURN: Washington’s Spies on AMC
- Past Culper Spy Ring/TURN episodes on the Long Island History Project